We cannot forget that the natural tone of the teeth is not white, so to show an enviable smile we do not have to have a perfect and unblemished. That our teeth look radiant sometimes is not an easy task. And is that enjoy an enviable smile depends on many factors: genetics, good health, food …
Having extra-white flawless teeth such as those that some celebrities often wear – or sell us in toothpaste ads – sometimes turn away from reality and may even end up being detrimental and while everything must be given in its right measure, there are some tricks that will help you to show yourself smiling without complexes.
Here we tell you.
Is white the natural color of teeth?
A nice smile should be a reflection of our physical and mental health. But be careful, do not think white is synonymous with healthy. In fact, completely white teeth do not exist naturally. Normal color is closer to an ivory hue. And there are always nuances, ranging from yellow, brown and gray. However, the obsession with having an immaculate denture sometimes leads to the use of bleaching products without professional control. These could seriously compromise oral health.
You may also like to read: NATURAL ALMOND OIL: BENEFITS IN BEAUTY AND HEALTH
What you should avoid showing a radiant smile
Although the pure white does not exist, you can carry out some tricks that, added to an adequate daily dental hygiene, will allow you to have an enviable smile.
- For example, you should avoid over having some drinks that may stain or make your teeth yellow. Reduces consumption of coffee, tea, and red wine.
- If you smoke, you will also be adding extra blemishes to your teeth. Say goodbye to the cigarette and you will benefit, in addition, in many other aspects.
- On the other hand, some medications can also alter the coloring of the teeth.
- It also controls the consumption of sugars, carbonated beverages, and citrus fruits. All favor the demineralization of dental pieces.
Foods That Help You Get Healthy and Beautiful Teeth
Just as some foods contribute to the bad appearance of your teeth, others have the opposite effect and are also very healthy. So, in your diet you should not miss:
Another very effective trick to highlight the brightness of your teeth is to rub it with the inside of a banana peel. Give it a try and you’ll notice the difference.
More tips for smiling without problems
Also, consider these tips for a beautiful and healthy smile:
- Use soft bristle brushes, straight handle, and small head.
- Avoid abrasive toothpaste. Ask the dentist which one is most convenient for you.
- If in certain circumstances you cannot access to brush your teeth and you have to opt for a chewing gum to ensure your good breath, choose one without sugar and that – as far as possible – contain calcium.
Makeup, a trick that never fails to achieve an enviable smile
In the case of women, you can also get a good smile with the right makeup.
The idea is to “accompany” the color of the teeth and not to highlight the imperfections.
- For example, painting the lips in red or orange tones may, in some cases, make the teeth feel more yellowish.
- If this happens, you should opt for some soft pink or simply use sheen.
- In the case of lighter skins, it is advisable to use some cosmetic that gives a little more color to the face.
- In this way, we will achieve that, by contrast, the teeth look whiter.
Know the risks of toothless whitening
If you abuse or perform on your own certain teeth whitening procedures, you should be aware that you may encounter some “collateral damage”. For example:
- Dental hypersensitivity
- Injuries to the dental pulp that, in extreme cases, can cause the loss of the piece.
So, remember that tooth whitening should be done only by your trusted dentist and the professional is able to determine the most appropriate treatment in each case to achieve the much-desired goal of an enviable smile.
You May Also Like this Blog.